Website Waste Management
As a member of the Waste Management People organization, the People Manager will be tasked with providing world class strategic people solutions and guidance to assigned managers – with a primary focus on tactical execution and support of internal manager clients. The People Manager is responsible for supporting and ensuring the execution of initiatives that build trust, employee engagement, leadership effectiveness, leadership development and workforce efficiency for a diverse workforce in an emerging and fast paced enterprise. The People Manager will direct and control People policies and programs to provide and maintain an effective organization which will enable the company to achieve its short and long-term goals.
- Participates as a key member of district operating unit and/or functional department leadership team providing people solutions to improve business impact.
- Plans, manages and coordinates various People functions and organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Hires, leads, develops, and coaches members of the People Organization.
- Delivers People solutions that are considered value added, measurable, directly tied to the operating unit and/or functional department level business objectives.
- Execute area/business unit/functional-level strategies to improve organizational health and culture. Lead and participate in diversity & inclusion initiatives.
- Coaches and advises managers, supporting multiple functions/departments on people matters.
- Leadership activity will include managing talent through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, learning and development programs for preparing employees for career advancement and employee development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the industry.
- Proposes People solutions and/or organizational changes at an operating unit and/or department level based upon an analysis of operational opportunities.
- Identifies and activates People solutions that impact the company’s ability to meet business objectives. Must accurately diagnose organization issues, develop solutions and implement action plans.
- Develops written and oral presentations that have high clarity and impact. Provides regular written reports as needed to business unit and/or functional department leadership.
- Leads/manages projects and/or participates as a project member on People initiatives as assigned.
- Partners with appropriate Centers of Expertise (COE) to execute People strategies, initiatives and programs to support business objectives at an Area and/or Functional level.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- SPHR certification preferred.
- Innovative mindset identifying new ways to solve work problems resulting in unique/differentiated solutions.
- Ability to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to action that support specific work outcomes through professional influence. Courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism and poise
- Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships with business partners
- Strong analytical & diagnostic skills. Utilizes data analytics to identify People insights to make proactive solutions.
- Possess & leverage human resource discipline, operational and/or business acumen to influence shareholder value. Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management; leadership development; training).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Industrial/Labor Relations, Human Resources Management, Psychology, or related field, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items
- Ability to assess & develop individuals’ knowledge, skills, and ability. Talent management and succession planning experience preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish, Creole or Asian is highly preferred
- Experience: Five (5) years of experience managing human resource systems, process, programs, initiatives and professionals (in addition to education requirement)
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Palm Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A