Website Waste Management
Manages collection routes and driver/laborer performance on a daily basis in single or multiple line of businesses: Residential, Commercial, Roll-Off, Port-o-let, Tractor Trailer, HCS, and Bagster (does not include Oilfield Services).
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies.
- Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to dispatch/service should problems recur.
- Acquires and coordinates temporary workers assigned to assist drivers on routes.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Promotes a union free atmosphere and where appropriate, establishes collaborative relations with unions.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues reported by drivers.
- Monitors driver and laborer time and attendance, minimizing overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established by regulatory agencies (e.g., 60 hour rule).
Assists with data collection and reporting required for incentive pay programs.
- Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Experience: No previous work experience required.
- Education: Associates Degree (accredited), or in lieu of diploma, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two (2) years of relevant work experience work in transportation, logistics, warehousing, or solid waste operations.
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Applicable experience may be substituted for education requirements.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Coaching, routing assessments and leading employees are requirements of the role.
Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of the work day;
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: West Palm Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A