Website Waste Management
Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Must be atleast 18 years of age.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A