Website Waste Management
The Driver Container safely operates a heavy-duty crane mounted truck and is responsible for loading, and transporting material containers to/from customer locations. Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Completes site evaluations to ensure locations are conductive for safe and proper servicing.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Must be atleast 18 years of age.
- Complete classroom training and demonstrate safe crane operation. (Some states may require certification.)
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ pounds. and pushing or pulling up to __ pounds on wheels.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hold a current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with an air brake endorsement.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/ GPS monitored vehicle.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A