Website Union Bank
Responsible for performing audits of residential mortgages and consumer equity loans/lines, including both UB internal production and external bulk loan purchases to ensure and monitor adherence with bank, regulatory and investor guidelines.
Perform timely audits of loans selected for QC (residential and consumer) to evaluate, analyze and assess risk, to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, to detect the potential of fraud, and to detect errors and omissions in the underwriting, processing and closing functions.
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years residential mortgage or consumer loan/line Quality
- Control auditing and/or underwriting; or equivalent work experience.
- Maintain and update various logs to meet department and auditing requirements.
- Requires strong working knowledge of the mortgage lending process, including the underwriting, processing, closing, compliance, and default management areas.
- Ability to analyze paystubs, W-2s, tax returns (personal, partnership, corporate), and P&Ls,
- and to calculate income.
Working knowledge of FNMA/FHLMC underwriting standards and Seller/Servicer guidelines is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with internal/external clients, and working knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, etc).
- Ability to analyze credit reports to ensure proper calculation of debt service and capacity to repay,
- Strong writing skills to ensure findings are accurate and written in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to analyze appraisals to ensure value supported,
- BA/BS degree preferred or strong work history in mortgage industry.
Company: Union Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A