Website Tractor Supply
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA)
- Operate Cardboard Baler
- Operate Forklift
- Greet the Customer
- Assist customers with loading purchases
- Recommend products
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Assemble merchandise Perform janitorial duties
- Ask for the Sale
- Execute price changes/markdowns
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Complete Plan-o-gram procedures (merchandising, sets, and resets)
- Recovery of merchandise
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties
- Operate cash register/computer following cash handling procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company
- Uncover the Customers’ needs
- Team Members are required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every Team Member be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice
- Participate in mandatory freight process
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education : A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
- Experience: No experience required. Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
Company: Tractor Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A