Website Tractor Supply
This position is responsible for proficiency in all areas of a retail operation. The position serves as the second in charge of operations to the Store Manager. Duties include providing leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a positive customer shopping experience and performing operational activities throughout the store and giving appropriate direction to the store Team Members. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime, as dictated by business needs.
- Greet the Customer
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by following and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Proficient in all Team Leader and Receiver functions.
- Uncover the Customers’ needs
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to operate and use all other equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register).
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of Team Members.
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: High school diploma or the equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred. Regardless of education level, you must be able to read, write, and count accurately.
- Experience: Previous retail leadership experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver’s license.
Company: Tractor Supply
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A