The Tesla Infrastructure team is looking to hire a Field Service Technician in London, to provide diagnostic support during the installation and servicing of our energy storage products. This person will be travelling to sites as needed to perform maintenance, troubleshooting and repair issues at industrial facilities with cutting edge Tesla products that may be under construction or is already existing; knowledge of, and comfort with these types of facilities is a must. This person will also be responsible for developing the knowledge base to be used by both internal and external parties to troubleshoot issues.
- Debug systems and perform remote diagnostics on field failures by reviewing data logged by energy storage devices.
- Recognize trends and patterns in field failures and feedback to the development team to drive future designs.
- Provide technical support in order to minimize system downtime, through day-to-day coverage of internationally distributed service cases.
- Develop processes and documentation for standard service actions.
- Oversee commissioning, service, testing, and verification actions performed by our service provider network, troubleshooting devices as well as entire industrial systems (Powerpacks).
- This will include guiding the work of construction trades such as electricians and professional disciplines such as engineers.
- Ensure service providers have access to the required hardware.
- Primary interface of our Network Operations Centres to authorized contractors who perform maintenance on Tesla’s stationary storage products.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure new issues are fully investigated and that countermeasures are in place.
- Experience with CRM systems and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in both independent and team environments.
- Ability to prioritize effectively, handle shifting priorities and troubleshoot.
- Proficiency in English – additional European language is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in technical support or call center environment within
- Renewable energy and/ Battery background preferred.
- Electrical, Energy or Electronic background related technical experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A