Tesla Energy is seeking to hire an experienced professional to join our Utility and Commercial Storage Sales Team for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. This role would primarily be focused on the UK and Irish markets. We are particularly interested in candidates with strong stationary storage knowledge, renewable development experience, and wholesale electricity market understanding. The position can be based in the UK or in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Rapidly evaluate market dynamics across different sectors and market drivers (policy/regulatory, economics, etc.). Support market analysis with our engineering team and provide key market insights to broader business team.
- Be a contributing team member in determining the most effective go-to-market strategy and approach per market for Tesla’s product suite.
- Support the expansion of Tesla’s Autobidder optimisation software, negotiating optimization contracts alongside sales agreements to ensure growth of the service.
- Originate opportunities by building and maintaining relationships with utilities, Independent Power Producers and developers.
- Drive negotiation of the following contracts: supply agreement, EPC agreement, O&M agreement, software sales agreement, performance guarantees.
- Work with Engineering, Operations, and Service teams to define scope and pricing of solutions that meet customer needs.
- Support and advise on ad-hoc development activities (planning permission, grid connection agreements, land leases etc.).
- Contribute to the preparation of tender responses, in coordination with Tesla’s Engineering and Bid Teams.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets while ensuring stellar customer service.
- Experience structuring and leading negotiations up to and including closing of large transactions in energy, construction, project finance or a related practice area, with a preference for renewable energy experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly earn the confidence of your colleagues and effectively communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Key account management of major utilities or similar sized organizations, comfortable dealing with and presenting to C-level executives.
- A quick and flexible learner, intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, comfortable with ambiguity and risk, and excited by dynamic change.
- A team player with the ability to proactively identify problems, drive projects, make complex cost/benefit assessments, and identify pragmatic/creative legal and business solutions.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Business development / sales for energy storage projects, renewable energy projects or similar (OEM equipment and/or service sales, financing, greenfield development, aggregation services, etc.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A