The supervisor will be responsible for the efficiency and production on the afternoon shift for our CNC Machine Shop. The supervisor will manage machine operators and provide training and feedback. The supervisor must have extensive machining experience and knowledge of CAD/CAM principles.
- Operate CNC Vertical Machine Mills and CNC lathes
- Assumes responsibility for accurate diagnosis of CNC problems, machine malfunctions, etc. to expedite and coordinate corrective action
- Review inspection records, quality checks, machining progress
- Report to manager to provide feedback and report on daily operations. Ensure smooth operations
- Recommend the hiring of staff, terminating of employees after consultation with the Manufacturing Manager
- Review reported deviations, measurements, tolerances, dimensions, programming
- Exercises appropriate discipline, awards recognition, and cares for the morale of employees
- Supervise CNC Machine Shop and ensure jobs are completed on time
- Completion of post-secondary school diploma/certificate related program.
- Must have taken machining and CNC programming courses, and ideally some design and CMM.
- Licensed machinist certification is preferable.
- Program computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Fit and assemble components and machine parts to close tolerance
- Verify dimensions of machined tools and parts using precision measuring instruments
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A