Website State of Texas
- Duties include patrols assigned geographical area to prevent crimes; enforces laws and ordinances; responds to calls via Dispatch.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls for service; takes necessary action.
- Identifies problems and crime trends within geographically assigned area.
- Questions witnesses, complainants, victims and suspects; takes statements and affidavits.
- Completes reports; processes arrests reports and affidavits.
- Conducts investigations of traffic accidents and criminal offenses; makes arrests.
- Directs traffic, escorts traffic, operates traffic radar monitoring equipment, issues traffic citations.
- Records facts to prepare reports that document incidents and activities.
- Reviews facts of incidents to determine if criminal act or statute violations have occurred.
- Appears/testifies in court to present evidence or act as witness in traffic and criminal cases.
- Provides security at special events throughout the community, schools, and city functions.
- Performs other law enforcement, investigative, technical and educational duties as assigned.
- Be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Be of good moral character.
- Successfully complete a post exam interview.
- Successfully complete the physical ability test (Leopard Course).
- Have a valid Texas driver’s license at the date of hire.
- Be a citizen of the United States by birth or naturalization.
- Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age and not be fifty-one (51) years of age or older at the time of hire.
- Be a graduate of an accredited high school or have an equivalency certificate (GED).
- Shall not be prohibited from carrying a firearm or possessing ammunition.
- Achieve a minimum passing raw score of seventy (70) percent on the written examination.
Company: State of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A