Website State of Texas
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the City Manager. The position involves highly responsible administrative work in planning and directing the financial activities of the City.
- The CFO has senior executive level responsibility leading, directing, and supervising the City’s financial operations.
- The CFO exercises an extensive degree of originality, initiative, ingenuity, judgment, and professional financial management in formulating the City’s financial policy and in providing senior City management with reliable information for making long and short-term policy decisions.
- General direction is received from the City Manager who holds the incumbent responsible for the effective management of City financial activities and for the professional management of the Finance Department.
- A valid driver’s license (Must obtain a Florida driver’s license within thirty (30) days of employment)
- At least five (5) years of recent experience in Florida
- Certified Government Finance Officer Certification
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- Certified Public Accounting Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business, or related field
- At least eight (8) years of professional experience in accounting at the local level, to include four (4) years supervisory experience at a senior management level; or an equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
Company: State of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brownsville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A