Website State of Texas
Under administrative direction, responsible for development, implementation, management, coordination, and evaluation of the Technical Services Unit (Cataloging, Materials Processing, Interlibrary Loan, Central Shelving and System-wide Delivery) to meet the needs of the community and the San Antonio Public Library. Work setting is primarily the Technical Services/Collection Development work area. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment. Exercises direct supervision over assigned staff.
- Provides information to city officials, Library Board of Trustee member, etc., as requested.
- Keeps apprised of new trends and innovations in the field of public library services and administration.
- Trains, inspires, persuades, and guides library staff assigned to functional area.
- Coordinates and/or completes major special projects and initiatives.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates assigned administrative and operational functions for Technical Services Unit.
- Manages and coordinates services and activities between various divisions, City departments, public agencies, and/or private sector organizations.
- Analyzes and evaluates demographic and other data for planning effective services.
- Participates in strategic and long-range planning for the operation and future development of the Library.
- Manages daily operations of assigned staff, projects, and/or work units.
- Interviews, selects, supervises, develops, evaluates, counsels, and if necessary, disciplines personnel according to established COSA policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Company: State of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A