As the Team Manager II, you will be solely responsible for one specific area of application support and development (Integration Projects and REST/XML based APIs, modern Web development for Internal LOB applications and external eCommerce sites). On occasion you may be called upon to mentor a Team Manager I as part of an orientation or knowledge transition process. You will be responsible for managing the associates in their respective areas including programmer/analysts, business analysts, QA analysts, project leads and other roles which are deemed required for the support and maintenance of assigned area of applications.
- Implement, stabilize, maintain, upgrade and enhance the suite of applications within their assigned Area
- Communicate area specific updates to the CIO and other members of the Executive Team when required
- Ensure the internal processes, procedures, methodologies and technologies utilized within applications are updated, effective and keeping in line with industry best practices
- Recruit, manage, develop, mentor and assess performance of assigned associates
- Develop process improvements and other initiatives which could lead to cost savings, morale boosting and measurable efficiency improvements within Applications, IS and the Business
- Manage 3rd party vendors in the support and development of the applications within the assigned Area. This includes the daily management of consultants and temporary resources who are on contract.
- Manage and complete the business objectives supported and dependent of the applications within the assigned area.
- Solution finder
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or equivalent working experience in software development.
- Experience in the retail sector is preferred however equivalent experience in other sectors within a software development context will also be considered
- Experience in software testing methodology and process for one of the related disciplines
- Effective process and procedure management
- 3+ years in a Technical Lead (internal) function or 3+ years Project Lead/Manager (internal) or 5+ years (external) as a software development manager or 5+ years (external) of experience as a project manager in a software development capacity
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aurora, CA
Application Deadline: N/A