The My Sky App Family is at the heart of providing outstanding customer service through both the iOS and Android apps. The Digital Sales and Service families cater to all our customers’ online needs. We touch every part of a Sky customer’s experience meaning we solve a wide range of problems creatively and no two days are the same. You will be joining a diverse team where the focus is collaboration, doing what’s best for the customer and our people, and having some fun whilst we do it.
- You will be responsible for self-development and strengthening the skills of the team.
- You will provide team strategy, planning and status updates and be responsible for ensuring efficiency targets and financial budgets are met.
- You will lead a team of Engineers, delivering operational capabilities and support for Sky.com and the MySky mobile application.
- You will meet the demands of Sky’s customer focused initiatives, ensuring outstanding digital service for millions of customers every single day. You will grow the team to ensure it meets this challenge.
- You will collaborate with technical and non-technical teams across Sky, sharing knowledge and standard methodology.
- You will set clear measurable goals for your team, ensuring automation is a core value and create a culture of continuous improvement and innovation that constantly evaluates industry techniques for DevOps & SRE.
- You will involve the DevOps team right across the delivery lifecycle regardless of methodologies, adding valuable support and direction.
- Expertise in building a data driven approach that provides real value and insight to the organisation.
- Experience working with Cloud environments, capable of providing technical expertise, proposals and direction around Cloud strategy. Kubernetes experience would be beneficial.
- Experience dealing with non-technical partners. As the engagement point of Digital DevOps for all other teams – you will represent the team positively and professionally while promoting its capabilities.
- Good interpersonal skills comfortable translating complexity into simple and straightforward language.
- The ability to handle conflicting priorities and use judgement to involve the right partners at key decision points.
- A focus on stability and performance, being passionate about customer experience
- Broad range of DevOps knowledge including CI/CD, Cloud Platforms, and operating customer facing web applications at scale. A good understanding of Web Content delivery, security and performance would be advantageous.
- Pragmatism, an ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and changeable business priorities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A