The Area Supervisor is a member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific, assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty. Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store, supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also responsible for executing and supervising Company operational processes as needed.
- Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
- Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional signing as needed.
- Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone. Immediately corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store Leadership.
- Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and register area.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all Stockrooms.
- Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in assigned area.
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per Company best practice.
- Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all merchandise is processed.
- Understands that safety is the number one priority and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
- Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency exits.
- Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
- Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to after-hours alarms when requested.
- Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention, accident reporting and emergency procedures.
- Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
- Responsible for merchandising of department including the back stock.
- Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed to Company policy.
- Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries (i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in retail environments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A