At Redfin, we believe this customer experience is unacceptable. Our Mortgage Operations team is a leader in the industry for both efficiency (loans per employee) and customer service (Net Promoter score of 80+). They work in close collaboration with our Brokerage and Title counterparts to deliver a smooth and cohesive end-to-end experience to our customers. The Mortgage Engineering team is on a mission to make the loan application process simple, beautiful and fast for all Redfin customers by fully redesigning the customer facing website. We also believe we can have customers close a home loan in 7 days! This is an ambitious goal and presents difficult technical challenges. Our team will need to expand the capability of our back-office internal tooling to automate every step of the loan origination pipeline, make operation workflows fast, efficient and intelligent, while also making the system scalable and resilient.
- More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
- You can predict the problems of next year and have a plan in place for them now.
- You stay current with industry trends and constantly evaluate new platforms and technologies.
- You have a proven track record of owning and driving complex cross-team technical initiatives from conceptualization to implementation to production.
- When you disagree, you disagree constructively, with respect for everyone else’s opinions and ideas. You ensure all voices have an opportunity to be heard. You drive consensus on complicated cross-team discussions.
- You epitomize engineering excellence, high quality and performance standards.
- You set the long term technical strategy for a product area to make a significant impact on key business and engineering metrics.
- You are an experienced developer with 8+ years of experience designing complex distributed systems.
- You are a hands-on coder who can lead by example and churn out robust, scalable, maintainable and well-tested code.
- You are a teacher and a mentor: you lead by example and mentor the next set of technical leaders at the company.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A