We’re looking for a Technical Lead (Staff Software Engineer) to join a team of full-stack software engineers developing tools and features for tours at Redfin. Our software supports Redfin’s touring customers and the agents and coordinators that serve them, combining reliable automation with flexible internal tools to support over a million tour requests each year. Tours are typically the very first in-person interaction a customer has with Redfin, so the work of this team is critical to ensure a positive first impression that will ensure a long-lasting relationship with customers. In addition, you’ll help the team identify solutions that can be expanded to support other business cases at Redfin, taking the best of what we’ve learned to make a difference for the whole company. You’ll need to balance advocacy for the long-term technical vision with delivering results and supporting a wide range of scenarios nationwide.
- You are an experienced, pragmatic architect with a proven track record of leading the design and development of complex large-scale software systems.
- More than anything, you share a passion for our mission to radically change the way people make one of the biggest decisions of their lives.
- You collaborate successfully with engineering managers, fellow technical leads, and product managers to bring together architectural vision and product goals, and can then turn to supporting teammates to successfully deliver projects.
- You are a very hands-on coder and lead by example to demonstrate what software craftsmanship is all about.
- You better those around you by driving team efficiency improvements, mentoring teammates to strengthen individual skills and share your knowledge for building simple and effective user interfaces and APIs.
- You help guide the team through healthy, constructive disagreements, demonstrating respect for everyone’s opinions and ideas.
- The ability to handle ambiguity, communicate well with partner teams, and empathize with customers
- 8+ years of industry experience in the area of full-stack development and technical leadership
- Experience with architectural patterns, API design, and building large-scale applications
- Experience working on web and backend service performance
- Experience working with complex web applications and backend services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A