Website Qatar Airways
The Flight Operations Support Officer provide a range of administrative, logistical and organisational support to the Lead Fleet and Management Support Officer as well as the whole team. Manage and evaluate administrative requests from within the department and ensure all are within corporate guidelines, including but not limited to proposals, manpower movements (SRFs/ interviews/ SMAs), leaves/ duty travel requests, ticket rebate requests, agency-related queries/ proposals. To effectively support the preparation of reports and handles special projects related to the activities of the department.
- Assist with processing of job descriptions and recruitment approval processes.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Responsible for generating business documentation, including but not limited to report writing, presentation creation and spread sheet preparation and distribution.
- Act as the link between the department and other related QR departments as well as external stakeholders.
- Support and organise administration of the Loss of License Insurance scheme for Pilot and Flight Operation staff.
- Coordinate a team of Office helpers and driver messengers for their task related duties and roster arrangements in line with agreed guidelines and procedures.
- Write & disseminate, after proper approvals, required team policies and procedures manuals that clearly defines the tasks, in line with HR policies and procedures in order that uniformity and consistency is practices all the time.
- Record, filter, disseminate and communicate all incoming and outgoing matters to the Line Manager taking follow-up action where appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the Line Manager including distributing post, word processing, preparation of PowerPoint presentations, drafting of letters, electronic communications, minute-taking, setting up and maintaining excel spreadsheets and data input into databases.
- Plan, organise and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines, as well as work with minimal supervision and attend meetings where required to record minutes, manage administration and assist with reports.
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times with clients and colleagues.
- Create and endorse workflows requests including but not limited to Urgent Approval Requests and purchase Orders.
- Prepare weekly brief reports to update on pending issues related to assigned operations e.g. absence management report.
- Provide administrative support to the business in organizing meetings, including documentation and approval signature collection from Manager Flight Ops Management Support.
- Update the teams SharePoint site to enhance the efficiency of data retrieval/Management.
- Support the team in requisitions of stationaries and new workstations for new joiners/general staff.
- Set up, organize and maintain department records so that they are easily retrievable by department members.
- Maintain a comprehensive leave calendar for the whole team.
- Implement new and maintain existing databases, file management, diary management, photocopying and any other related duties.
- Act as the first point of contact for incoming queries from external and internal stakeholders. Record, filter, disseminate and communicate all incoming and outgoing matters and taking follow-up action where appropriate.
- Solution focused.
- Ability to develop a good network within QR.
- Exhibits Integrity and honesty with the ability to gain the confidence and respect of others.
- Proven commercial skills and business acumen.
- Communication and Influencing.
- Command of English language
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Excellent planning and time management.
- Ability to self-organise, manage time, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Teamwork and relationship building.
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Proactive and strategic planner.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent relationship and networking skills.
- An eye for detail, including when under pressure.
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Strong inter-personal and verbal communication skills.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Application Deadline: N/A