Assess the educational needs of physicians regarding coding and documentation and direct development of effective regularly scheduled educational programs that meet physician needs and serve as the primary resource to physicians for documentation and coding issues.
Responsible for conducting coding and billing training programs for billing and coding specialists and physicians. Creates presentations, develops learning material, handbook and other training materials. Conducts coding and data quality reviews and prepares complex reports as required. Ensures all CBO coding activities comply with clinical billing standards and government regulation with concentration on hospital inpatient procedures and specialty physician services.
- Coding Certificate program (AAPC accredited preferred).
- One or more certifications required: CPC, CPC-H, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CCA, CCS-P.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in specific coding across multiple specialties.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) years of Physician Coding/HIM experience required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA
Application Deadline: N/A