As a data platform development senior engineer you’ll work in a Big Data environment, to lead supervise and contribute to building an elastic , high performance computing and storage platform that underpins the diverse workloads running on data lake infrastructure.
- You will be working with the team on problems involving large scale distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, data and metadata storage, computing infrastructure automation and more.
- You will be expected to contribute to setting the standards, deliveries and process of the data platform engineering process.
- Training, leading and facilitating work for junior engineers.
- The candidate will play a vital role in leading the processes of mediating, governing and stewardship of corporate data sets.
- You will be working closely with the data analytics team to support mining, auditing, testing, researching and visualizing corporate data sets and with the business consumers and subject matter experts to drive smart data driven solutions and initiatives.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Contribute in developing plans for the team according to the department strategic vision.
- Define and deliver on service availability and quality SLAs.
- Excellent programming and debugging skills.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data analysts, modelers and IT team members on project goals.
- Foster a culture of creativity and innovation while also promoting practical decision making.
- Excellent knowledge of database systems.
- Very good English both written & spoken.
- Provide strong technical leadership to the team with a focus on quality, performance, and security.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and comfortable working across multiple teams.
- Strong hands-on skill, can drill deep into complex systems design and implementation.
- Optimize the performance and support monitoring of data platform systems and computing infrastructure.
- Good systems administration skills.
- Help growing the team by participating in the recruiting process.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor degree of Engineering in Computer Systems, or Computer Science.
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on software engineering experience
- Solid engineering fundamentals with extensive and strong software development experience.
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior software engineers.
- Experience and understanding of SDLC and Agile/Scrum procedures.
- Experience working in a big data environment and using big data tools is preferred.
- Experience with infrastructure as a code, automation and DevOps practices is preferred.
- Past experience in telecom operators and service providers is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cairo, Egypt
Application Deadline: N/A