We are looking for a Snr Solution Expert specialized in the Internet of Things to work in the APAC region. The Snr Solution Expert works with our sales and pre-sales teams to understand customer needs and objectives and architect IoT based solutions to meet the requirements. The Snr Solution Expert will work with internal delivery groups and external partners to define scope and oversee implementation of IoT project delivery and repeatable solution development. The objective of this role is to provide technical leadership to the OBS IoT team, and contribute to OBS winning large IoT projects and developing an ecosystem of IoT applications and solutions that drive utilisation of our core capabilities in network, platform and integration services. The Solution Expert will be a part of the Smart Mobility Services Business Unit of Orange Business Services and represents the Business Unit in APAC region.
- Contribute to account planning to assist the sales strategy for target accounts.
- Propose alternative solutions and technologies to improve and bring about high quality system solutions
- Identify and develop new partnerships with domain experts in target industries and technology leaders in IoT.
- Document, review and acquire acceptance of all design deliverables with key stakeholders
- Spend time with key customers and partners to understand business problems, needs, budgets and opportunities.
- Develop domain expertise in some or all of the following industries: resources; property services; utility; supply chain & logistics; construction.
- Understand the full OBS portfolio and how to leverage and augment adjacent products and solutions to ensure maximum value.
- Evangelize the Orange IoT strategy and value proposition via external communication and events.
- Build and develop relationships with internal stakeholders including in region sales and pre-sales resources; industry and product leaders in other regions, finance teams, support teams and thought leaders.
- Work with and collaborate in multi-functional & multicultural, geo dispersed teams (sales, product, marketing, engineering, consultants)
- Participate and contribute to the defining, review, analysis and verification of business requirements; scope of work; hardware and software solution design;
- Select the most architecturally sound combination of hardware and software (solutions, products, and services) to deliver our solution aspirations and the business needs of our customers
- Guide the design of technical software from the business requirements by leveraging design methods, patterns, and best practices
- Participate in the overall design and architecture of large scale IoT projects while ensuring architecture quality throughout project life-cycle.
- Able to define large-scale and complex architectures with good understanding of functional and non-functional requirements, technology risks and limitations
- Able to generate technical proposals and presentations in order to support sales bid
- Experience with Azure cloud platform and IoT suite
- Min. recognized degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related disciplines
- Must be willing to work on operational matters and are technically inclined
- Should possess experience in leading and working with a global team or industrial partners in solution assembly
- Experience with Continuous integration tools/process flows (Github, Jenkins), continuous deployment, agile methodologies
- Experience in Web Services (REST/SOAP) and application security best practices/frameworks.
- Should have project management experience
- Min. 10 years as a solution architect within a System Integrator or IoT Specialist Organisation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A