Website Office Depot
Office Depot and OfficeMax is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and expression), ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- At Office Depot and Office Max, every leader is responsible for growing total sales and services within the location.
- The Services Sales Supervisor will partner with the General Manager to drive the overall services culture within the location.
- He/she will contribute to the success of achieving the services sales plan for all services including technology, subscriptions, and other business services and partners with the Print Services team to promote consistent focus on services sales Through the guidance and direction of the General Manager, he/she will assist in the day to day operations, and the execution of the overall store strategies and tactics and is expected to know how the store is performing relative to the services target/plan while keeping the General Manager apprised of results.
- Will articulate areas of opportunity to the General Manager and collaborate to devise and execute an action plan to resolve.
- The person in this role also is responsible for driving the stores overall sales training to ensure appropriate Office Depot and Office Max’s selling techniques are executed.
- This position coaches talent and provides positive and constructive feedback to associates.
- The person in this role will lead, motivate and inspire associates and foster a customer/client first environment resulting in a memorable and positive client experience; building customer retention, strong relationships, and brand awareness and loyalty.
- The individual in this position is also a “Key Carrier” and will be considered the Leader on Duty in the absence of other supervisors or management.
- The Services Sales Supervisor assists with the merchandising, operations and execution of store and company standards in addition to resolving both associate and customer relations’ concerns. He/she will proactively engage with customers to exceed their needs and work to generate revenue by driving a sales culture.
- Quickly builds ongoing customer/client relationships and becomes a trusted adviser. Through the direction of the General Manager, he/she will execute on new business-related services and product launches and develop strategies to improve conversion and Average Order Value (AOV).
- Is a Change Champion, supporting and initiating change. The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
- Leads, coaches and inspires associates, while fostering a culture that builds trust, brand loyalty and exceptional customer/client service delivery.
- Creates and supervises a sales focused environment through the training and development of associates. Provides input to the General Manager on the assessment and development of store associates, ensuring that all have completed and maintain their certification, as applicable (print, tech, etc.).
- Deliver exceptional customer/client service by observing, listening, interacting and following up with customers to ensure satisfaction and issue resolution. Helps foster a culture which drive sales through teaching associates to be product experts and customer focused.
- Is a business services sales leader and a role model for superior customer service by demonstrating an understanding and high degree of proficiency using the Office Depot and Office Max sales principles.
- Proactively observes, coaches, and provides feedback to associates to enhance their proficiency in this area.
- Contributes to increasing sales and profitability through conversion, AOV (Average Order Value), and customer satisfaction improvement across all categories.
- Collaborates with General Manager on velocity services and executes on new services product launches, including services and product protection plans.
- Is responsible for driving merchandising sales contests.
- Assists General Manager with managing inventory/inventory levels, assets and expenses within the store by applying financial controls and routinely reviewing all operational processes including receiving, data entry, cash handling, and payroll control.
- Will also assist with handling merchandise flow-through and replenishment processes.
- Consistently maintains store appearance to company guidelines and keep in a neat, clean, well-stocked environment.
- Adhere to all standards related to signage labeling, planogram integrity, and merchandise presentation.
- Supports an environment that embraces diversity and encourages creative, innovative thinking and responsible risk taking.
- With the guidance of the General Manager, provides guidance and constructive coaching to associates and reports any performance concerns for the General Manager to address.
- Manages conflict effectively.
- Assists with the recruitment, retention and development of a diverse range of talented people by participating in the interviewing and selection process at General Manager’s discretion.
- Assists with and participates in daily, weekly, and monthly store meetings to reinforce communication of company initiatives, policies and procedures, as well as updates to the daily operations of the store.
- Helps General Manager in promoting associate awareness of company benefits, directives, and other programs.
- Obtains and maintains Sales Leader certification and other position specific certifications as required.
- Completes all management training; including (but not limited to) Anti-Harassment, Code of Ethics, etc. Adheres to OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, wage and hour, I-9 compliance and other legal requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Coaches / Motivates, Conflict Management, Problem Solving,
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with the ability to work independently, as well as with others
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Drives for Results, Directing Others, Decision Quality, Business Acumen, Collaboration / Team Spirit, Accountable, Time Management
- Must possess the ability to use computers and technology for information, and to access information necessary to complete the job
- Must be able to effectively lead, coach and manage others in a professional environment
- Ability to positively influence
- Must be adaptable to a changing environment and able to consistently achieve goals despite stress and ambiguity
- Must possess sound judgment and people management abilities
- Must be able to plan, prioritize and execute detailed instructions in a timely and efficient manner
- Knowledge of POS, HR Systems and Work Force Management Systems
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in related field
- Minimum two years of experience in retail, including management and/or supervisory in a sales driven, customer-oriented company. Sales experience in a services industry a plus.
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A