A Teller/Customer Service Rep. (Financial Services Associate) is responsible for providing customers with high quality, prompt, and professional financial services. As a single point of contact, performs a variety of customer banking transactions and provides quality service to existing and new clients in accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Bank. Participates in the development of client relationships by cross-selling banking products and services as appropriate.
- Processes all customer related financial transactions in accordance with the rules, regulations, and guidelines of the Bank.
- Opens new accounts that include but are not limited to savings, checking, certificates and IRAs according to customer needs.
- Accurately prepares all required documents for completing the transaction.
- Answers inquiries and provides information to customers in person, by telephone and by mail on various accounts and other bank services.
- Assists customers with routine issues and refers to management staff if necessary.
- Assists in the achievement of branch sales goals by developing, setting and achieving personal sales and referral goals.
- Proactively solicits and promotes new business by actively selling Bank products, conducting sales activities and referring business to other units of the Bank.
- Develops new and expands existing client relationships by identifying current and potential client needs and by cross-selling Bank products, participating in business development and CRA related activities.
- Processes various customer transactions including but not limited to cash, check and ATM deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, account closeouts, loan payments; issues bank checks, and U.S. Savings Bonds redemption.
- Balances cash drawer and prepares daily proof/settlement.
- Services customer accounts, executes changes of address, ATM claims, and all other account servicing requests.
- Computer literate with general proficiency in an application such as; billing, invoicing, cash management or other workflow application.
- Customer service focused.
- Demonstrated multitasking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Retail sales, customer service, cash handling experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a process-driven role handling credit or financial transactions such as; billing analyst at a medical facility, auto dealership, insurance practice or other comparable experience.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: East Meadow, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A