Website Ministry of Justice
- You will support adult offenders with rehabilitation while protecting the public too.
- You will play a leading role in offenders’ lives, meeting regularly with a small caseload of 5-6 offenders.
- You will also have the opportunity to grow your career, specialising in different areas such as negotiation, supporting prisoners at risk and resolving incidents.
- You will work with people from all kinds of backgrounds to create a safe and secure prison environment.
- You will manage their development, from learning new skills to participation in education programmes, so there is a better chance they won’t reoffend on release.
- Good communication and influencing skills
- have good eyesight in both eyes (both with and without corrective lenses)
- have the right to work in the UK,
- A suitable standard of hearing (without the use of hearing aids) is required for safety reasons for all potential candidates for prison officer training.
- To work in a high security prison (category A) you must have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
- Commitment to quality
- Care and understanding
- be at least 18 years old,
- be reasonably fit and able to pass our fitness test
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A