Website Ministry of Justice
The Ministers, Parliament, Strategy and Implementation Directorate is recruiting permanently for a Band B (SEO Equivalent) role. This campaign is open to current civil servants on level transfer and suitable candidates on promotion (will be amended if campaign external).
- Embedding a value for money culture within the department and supporting financial decisions through the provision of advice and challenge.
- Support the strategic financial planning of policy initiatives across the group
- Leading on resource and budget allocations and coordinating spending review planning, ensuring appropriate accountability from budget holders
- Ensure that all financial management plans and reports present relevant, objective and reliable financial analysis and advice that clearly sets out financial implications and risks as appropriate
- Providing analysis that goes beyond the high-level data returns and highlights spending constraints and potential savings as appropriate
- Understanding the cost drivers, risks and issues inherent in the budget areas and how these might inform decisions; Supporting and challenging budget holders constructively on their financial planning and activity to ensure budgets are utilised effectively
- Ensure appropriate continuous professional development across the team, keeping abreast of all internal, legislative and best practice developments, with particular focus on those impacting financial planning and budgeting.
- Ensure appropriate interpretation and implementation of required changes in a timely manner.
- Confidence in decision-making, exercising sound judgement, and the ability to challenge others in a constructive manner appropriate to the situation;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of successful internal and external relationship management skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships at senior level
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task whilst working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with excel and complex data sets, using excel to quickly analyse and interpret data
- The ability to prepare and deliver reports and presentations to senior management and the wider group effectively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to understand and present and communicate information and data from a wide range of sources using excel, PowerPoint and MS Word to groups and senior management in a succinct manner
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to both lead and support, while maintaining high levels of accountability throughout the organisation
- Experience of managing projects whilst working with colleagues outside of your immediate team to deliver.
Company: Ministry of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A