Assists the Front Office Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Front office areas include Bell/Door Staff, Switchboard and Guest Services/Front Desk. Position directs and works with managers and employees to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
- Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sheffield, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A