Website M&T Bank
Underwrite conventional (conforming and non-conforming) FHA, VA residential mortgage loans per product and investor guidelines through AUS and/or manual underwriting. Responsible for underwriting mortgage loans, including government loans to determine acceptability with M&T Bank and secondary market standards set by the investor to ensure saleability and sound credit quality while adhering to the requirements of Federal registration under the SAFE Act.
- Keep informed of current practices in loan underwriting.
- Take initiative to keep current on changes in investor and M&T guidelines.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Assist management to clear conditions and expedited loan closings.
- Ensures loans are in compliance with investor requirements, federal and state laws and regulations.
- Performs risk assessment of credit and collateral ensuring loan saleability and sound credit quality.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Responds to and resolved any post-closing issues to ensure loan saleability.
- Knowledge of applicable industry tools to ensure saleability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to interact with all levels.
- Full knowledge of credit riskUnderstanding of appraisals.
- Thorough knowledge of conforming and non-conforming guidelines.
- Thorough knowledge of DU/LP valuations (automated underwriting).
Company: M&T Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ballston Lake, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A