All commercial analyst functions as part of a relationship team and work collaboratively to support sales and credit functions of the bank. Core responsibilities include conducting in-depth industry and financial analysis of existing and potential borrowers, ongoing loan portfolio management, risk assessment, and managing the credit approval process.
- Analyze commercial loan requests via credit analysis write-up, including but not limited to: reviewing financial statement spreads, calculation of key financial ratios, analysis of the borrowers’ business and financial integrity.
- Review, negotiate and maintain legal documentation to ensure terms are appropriate and consistent with credit approval. Ensure proper approvals for all required waivers, amendments, and extensions.
- Assist in training and developing junior commercial analysts and help onboard new team members.
- Perform other duties as necessary to support the goals and objectives of the relationship management teams.
- Analyze and negotiate covenants and other terms and conditions as part of a deal team
- Work closely with designated teams to ensure accuracy of credit system data
- Research industry specific information from outside sources, which may include conversation with borrowers, industry publications, references from other banks, credit agencies, as well as accessing information through the internet
- Work with bank examiners and internal credit reviewers to validate credit quality and integrity of the credit process
- Adhere to all company policies and applicable laws, regulations and compliance requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of Commercial Banking products, services and technology
- Proven ability to identify, quantify and communicate subtle business risks and key drivers of financial risk and focus discussions accordingly
- Effectively partner and contribute towards team goals and organizational initiatives.
- Demonstrates ability to independently gather, consolidate, analyze and summarize data to provide well-informed recommendations verbally and in writing to risk management partners.
- Champion a diverse and inclusive culture of respect, accountability, integrity and engagement.
- Strong finance and credit acumen, negotiation, loan documentation, and financial modeling skills including underwriting and structuring of new relationships.
- Adapt to agile and continuous improvement environment with a strong collaborative customer-centric mindset
- 4-year college degree or related experience
- 2+ years of commercial lending or investment banking, risk assessment, credit structuring and marketing experience is preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Buffalo, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A