Website Johnson & Johnson
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
- Navigates the complex payer marketplace and works to achieve maximum account penetration to increase scope and areas of influence within assigned National or Regional Accounts which may include health plans, state or local governments, physician medical groups or other payer organizations.
- Responsibilities must be carried out with strict adherence to Janssen and HCC guidelines.
- Sets appointments and presents technical information in group presentations and one-one interactions.
- Is accountable to develop customer specific account strategies to capitalize on new business opportunities across all assigned product lines.
- Collaborates regularly with other Strategic Market Directors, National Account Directors, Region Business Directors, District Managers and other J&J partners to ensure open lines of communication and synergistic efforts within the accounts.
- Serves as the voice of the customer and collaborates with internal partners such as Brand, Contracting, and Finance to incorporate their concerns and interests into brand strategy.
- Provides leadership and suggested direction to the account team, identifying opportunities for share growth and seeks to develop Regional synergies that both enhance the Company position and result in National impact.
- Interacts as appropriate with field sales management to develop local pull through strategies and ensure growth is maximized within the assigned geographies.
- The individual will interact with RWV&E and MSL’s to utilize their expertise and support with customer accounts.
- Has direct responsibility to establish, maintain and enhance product access through optimal formulary positions, drive sales growth by leading local market selling and pull through and optimizing price through sound negotiating strategies for the pharmaceutical products in Oncology.
- Collaborates with Brand, Finance, HCS, Legal, and Pricing Strategy to provide account information and influence product decision-making in favor of their strategies.
- Completes customer calls and meets with assigned accounts to further advance Janssen Pharmaceutical product status, accessibility, and use, as required.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of contracts, providing access for products using clinical and economic value propositions, as well as marketing resources, to obtain favorable access.
- Serves as a resource in the role of expert to all internal partners on the business models and trends of payers and as the local market expert on reimbursement and access within their assigned geographies.
- At least 6 years healthcare industry experience.
- Ability to regularly use discretion and judgment and to establish an effective work schedule that accommodates frequent disruptions to routine with flexible work hours in accomplishing objectives.
- Able to travel (up to 30%), within the territory listed, including meetings and training, with some overnights outside of geography.
- At least 3 years sales, marketing, contracting or related experience.
- Ability to understand multiple disease states, therapeutic areas, clinical and pharmacoeconomic data.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license issued in the United States and must successfully complete a background investigation, to include a review of your driving record history.
- Knowledge of formulary processes, contractual negotiations and implementation, as well as, healthcare industry trends.
Qualification & Experience:
- This position is field-based covering customers in the PA regional area and the preferred candidate would reside within the geography.
- Prior account management experience and relationships with Highmark BCBS and Capital BC as well as other health plans in the regional area.
- Prior experience with Director and Senior Level Health Plan Executives within assigned geography and accounts.
- Payer experience working in channels such as large payers, national and regional health plans, state and local governments, PBM’s, SPP’s and Physician Medical Groups.
- A minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical, medical/surgical or device sales management experience.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Company: Johnson & Johnson
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A