Website Internal Revenue Service
- Compiles and maintains functional and/or assigned area records or reports to provide status of work.
- May serve as a technical advisor, on-the-job (OJT) coach, classroom instructor, or reviewer to provide technical assistance on systemic problems and inconsistencies in the Internal Revenue Manuals (IRM).
- Reviews and analyzes internal documents and/or taxpayer returns, prepares coded entries to amend and complete records, refers questionable returns and documents to appropriate areas to determine corrective action.
- Processes individual or small business returns and cases that involve relationships among different accounts that span more than a single tax period. Assign Employee Identification Numbers (EIN) and temporary Social Security Numbers (SSN).
- Requests and interprets taxpayer information.
- Perfects documents and initiates research to correct missing or inaccurate account information, inquiries to third parties, and changes to taxpayer accounts to correct errors.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Two (2) years above high school in any field, in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.
- Experience performing a variety of miscellaneous tasks involving researching and processing financial documents,
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Walton Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A