Website Internal Revenue Service
As a technical authority the incumbent leads the initiation, planning, implementation, controlling, modifying, and executing of all or part of an entire research project. Duties include guiding the specification of the methodology to be used, preparation of appropriate specifications and procedures, and review of computer system specifications and materials, and instructions needed for assuring the adequacy of the study’s design. In addition, reviews on an as needed basis of the results of the social science research process.
- Serves as the expert and instructor on preparing and presenting team deliverables to top level audiences which include policy statements, executive presentations and other methods to convey the results of program analysis.
- Provides management guidance in determining the scope, goals, and schedules for future research programs, especially programs of a social economic and psychological nature.
- Formulates policies, develops plans, designs and issues directives and instructions, and develops recommendations to improve national research programs, projects and policies to business executives.
- Leads the resolution of very complex research problems requiring incumbent’s in-depth knowledge to guide the location and exploration of the areas of research in relation to the agency’s program and needs.
- Duties include guiding the formulation and completion of research plans, policies, interpretation, and application of findings, and development and presentation of recommendations to support these plans and policies.
- Experience facilitating workgroup interactions which resulted in team synergy that increased quality and range of work performed.
- You must have four (4) years course of study leading to a Bachelor’s Degree at an accredited college or university in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
- One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative social science research and analyzing results to provide operational recommendations for stakeholders.
- Experience should include developing, analyzing, and presenting key findings to stakeholders.
- Experience completing research assignments independently, using social science and statistical methods to define populations, profile and model market segment behaviors to better understand and predict taxpayer behavior.
- Experience in initiation, formulation, planning, execution, and control of social science studies, statistical projects and/or modeling projects to better understand current taxpayer behavior and determine impact of IRS processes on future behavior.
- Experience writing and presenting technical materials, which clearly communicates data results and outlines impact of possible process changes or actions, for senior executive leadership decision making.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mobile, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A