Website Internal Revenue Service
- Leads research projects and study teams, or portions thereof, becoming personally involved in substantive analytical, research, and technical issues and the subsequent review of each.
- Provides advice to top level management on the formulation of economic policies, processes, and initiatives to substantially improve the effectiveness and efficiency of research strategies and national operations.
- Formulates policies, develops plans, designs and issues directives and instructions, and develops recommendations to improves national research programs, projects and policies to business executives
- Develops advanced economic, econometric, statistical and mathematical research techniques for the measurement of tax administration and compliance program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Performs a wide variety of economic studies to develop and evaluate policies affecting tax administration, taxpayer compliance and to define feasible alternatives.
- This involves analyzing long-range effectiveness associated with the economic issues, resulting recommendations and their relationship to the emission and strategic goals and policies of the IRS.
- Provides senior management with analyses of problems and authoritative economic advice on important operational and strategic decisions.
- Formulate economic theories that can be tested statistically to predict the probable impact on the IRS policies, tax administration, or human resources policy options.
- One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- May be required to file a confidential financial disclosure report within 30 days of selection and annually from then on.
- You must have a Bachelor’s or higher degree in economics that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
- You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A