Website Internal Revenue Service
- Receives, screens, and answers routine telephone calls and provides receptionist services to visitors.
- Establishes, organizes, and maintains files of correspondence, manuals, and other related information, in accordance with IRS regulatory policies and guidance.
- Compiles records of organizational and workflow charts, staffing levels, mission and function statements.
- Reviews all incoming mail and correspondence to determine proper action; and, as appropriate, prepares written responses.
- Determines deadlines for correspondence needing suspense dates; logs, and maintains correspondence and action item suspense data.
- Follows-up on suspense dates to ensure timely reply to suspense items, as well as matters resulting from meetings and conferences.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- A Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of education above high school in any field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A