Website Internal Revenue Service
- Analyzes mission critical tax related program areas to discern trends in program delivery.
- Consolidates report data to measure the effectiveness in meeting baselines or the degree to which program plans and achievements support strategic agency initiatives.
- Independently studies complex problems facing operating unit functions or those of particular concern within the assigned organization.
- This may require coordinating input from activities outside the division and identifying new methods of performing work. This requires the incumbent to demonstrate expert analytical and process analysis skills.
- Participates with cross-functional representatives on activities such as development of mission critical tax related operating plans, Business Plan, and Business Review assessments.
- Conducts specific studies and analyses to support operational reviews, measure achievement of goals, execution of plans, compliance with directives, and utilization of resources.
- Performs assignments that are agency-wide in scope and have significant impact on issues facing the operating unit.
- Leads Business Reviews of field and headquarters offices, serves on task forces or study groups, establishes policy for field operations, and performs independent analyses of Area or nation wide mission critical tax related operations.
- The employee comprehensively plans, analyzes, determines cost/benefit relationships, and coordinates a variety of functions, operations, teams, or interfacing administrative systems.
- You must have (1) one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service.
- Experience using IRS functions, programs, policies, regulations, procedures, and operations to evaluate programs plans and determine impact of changes on program goals.
- Experience recognizing significant tax issues and enforcement changes to develop new or revised procedures or products for assigned programs
- Experience using a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods to develop new approaches to existing programs.
- Experience using principles of management planning, program and process analysis to develop, design, and implement new or revised policies and procedures on mission critical tax related programs
- Experience in written and oral communications to prepare and present plans and proposals to individuals and groups, including executives and top-level managers.
- Prepare comprehensive written reports, and document findings and conclusions.
- Provide guidance and technical advice to executives, analysts managers and employees and indicate expertise in preparing complete decision packages, studies, and major recommendations.
- Utilize Information technologies to secure and maintain data needed for appropriate analysis.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbia, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A