Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Director of Operational Logistics in Norfolk, VA. You will serve as a senior advisor, consultant, and liaison to top management officials, policy makers and non-government organizations and institutions on challenging, new developments in contracting/procurement initiatives which are Coast Guard-wide in scope.
- Evaluating critical and complex proposals; and administering, through contract close-out or termination, major contracts, many of which are interdependent
- Involvement in all aspects of the contracting process from development of the Acquisition
- Plan, to specification development and termination and litigation.
- Planning, managing and overseeing some of the Agency’s most Important contracting programs
- Performing the functions required to manage all aspects of the contracting office, which includes the award and administration of contracts In excess of millions of dollars
- Ability to supervise and manager others in an effort to effectively organize and control the work of the PRO and its employees.
- Skill in controlling a variety of contractual actions occurring concurrently, in an overlapping fashion, or sequentially and to control several simultaneous interrelated contracts with different contractors.
- Knowledge of related disciplines and functions involved in the systems acquisition process, such as design or system engineering integrated logistics, support, financial management, and their interrelationships with contracting.
- Mastery knowledge of procurement relations and contracting principles, including the latest procedures and techniques to plan, develop, implement, maintain, and administer all contractual aspects of an acquisition program.
- Mastery knowledge of negotiation techniques to advise contract officers in the development of pre-negotiation strategies and in conducting negotiations.
- Employment and Financial Interest Statement is required
- This position requires a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
- May be required to serve a probationary period.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Unofficial Transcripts must be submitted at the time of application.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A