As part of the Harvard Kennedy School IT (HKSIT) team, the Service Delivery Manager plays a key role in: communications, knowledge sharing, driving training and adoption, relationship management, incident management, and service management for key services at the School. This person will serve as a liaison between the HKS Community and multiple HKSIT groups. Responsibilities focus on ensuring services are delivered efficiently and meet stakeholder requirements. An articulate and approachable technology advocate, skilled in providing informed technology consulting services, while maintaining support standards and practices; dynamically adapts and eagerly cooperates with the HKSIT team to address shifting needs, priorities, and technology trends. This is a public-facing position, requiring regular, effective communication with the HKSIT team, business owners, and larger HKS community.
- Responsible for business transition management to ensure that systems are understood by users; ensure that transitioned services deliver the value users expect
- Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
- Contribute to budget planning
- Contribute to the development of plans and policies for a unit/school
- Define systems/service requirements, conduct gap analysis, and identify feasible alternative solutions that meet defined business/service management objectives
- Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business/service/change management needs into systems requirements and scoping
- Contribute to establishment of key performance indicators and service quality measures
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization.
- Experience in a higher education environment is desirable, but a fresh perspective is welcome.
- Self-motivated and self-directed in the pursuit of excellence.
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with a strong dedication to customer service.
- Demonstrated experience with change management initiatives and common change management methodologies.
- Openly embraces change.
- Strong maturity, professionalism, and judgement.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A