Harvard Business School seeks full-time Research Associates for the academic year 2022-2023 to work with faculty members Rembrand Koning, Frank Nagle, Raffaella Sadun, and Andy Wu in the Strategy Unit. The Research Associates (RA) will assist with the daily operations of research projects in the fields of competition, management, and innovation. Research often draws heavily on applied econometrics and microeconomic theory. This position is ideal for candidates with an interest in economics who have plans for doctoral studies in two years.
The RAs will report directly to the faculty and administrative manager in the Research Staff Services office. Ideal candidates will be comfortable in an environment that requires a high level of independence, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to use discretionary judgment.
- Develop and maintain expertise in new research methodologies and techniques. Manage and manipulate data using requested packages; STATA, Python, R, or MATLAB.
- Balance project requests from multiple faculty members, using strong communication and prioritization skills. Must be able to structure assignments and keep faculty member informed as necessary, using own judgment.
- Independently manage all timelines and deliverables. Exercise independent decision making with regard to progression of research project and methodologies.
- Collect, clean, synthesize, and analyze data. Produce statistical models. Provide analysis of data exhibits for academic journal articles. Provide statistical analysis and design for reports and presentations.
- Evidence of outstanding academic achievement. Indication of independent research experience and/or applied experience.
- Methodological interests in econometrics, statistics, machine learning, and economic theory are preferred.
- Statistical/programming experience and/or applied experience with Python, STATA, MATLAB, or R.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, quantitative sciences, or business-related field required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tacoma, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A