Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Ensure financial data is correctly loaded into the University general ledger.
- Oversee compliance with University policies and procedures and legal rules and regulations.
- Review, evaluate, and document internal controls to ensure that assets are adequately safeguarded.
- Oversee the accounting period close process and maintain month end close schedule.
- Serve as the liaison with the University in relevant areas.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and manage cash.
- Interface with senior management, responding to requests for financial data, financial studies, and reports, to resolve reporting and compliance issues.
- Provide input into long-term strategic plans.
- Administer the credit card program.
- Assure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with accounting policies, the chart of accounts, and related accounting principles and practices, and that subordinate ledgers reconcile with the general ledger.
- In collaboration with Director of Finance create policies to ensure departmental compliance and to streamline processes.
- Assist with the budget development and forecasting processes.
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Financial database experience
- Supervisory Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in relevant field
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A