Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to delivering service and technological solutions in support of teaching, learning, research and administration. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused, and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment, we are looking for you!
- Supports the business side of service delivery, helping to inform service rate models and work in collaboration with HUIT Finance and business partners to explain financial chargeback.
- Serves as trusted advisor, consulting and defining priorities with customers.
- Ensures standards and industry best-practices are followed to improve the overall supportability and reliability of the DevOps managed systems; manages adherence to
- DevOps and HUIT standards including security and disaster recovery.
- Leads on-call and 24×7 escalation support for systems supported by the DevOps team.
- Lead research and design of robust and secure IT solutions
- Participate in long term strategic planning
- Supports successful completion of work by managing key relationships and championing the Agile process.
- Collaborates with architecture to create service and technical roadmaps.
- Working knowledge of key cloud services, such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP services.
- A strong understanding and history of operation (installation, configuration) and maintenance (orchestration, patch management, upgrades) of full application stacks
- Strong grasp of networking, security, and system administration concepts
- Experience with coding in general and infrastructure as code (e.g., CloudFormation, Ansible, Shell, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environments
- Certification of and/or experience in an Agile discipline (product owner, scrum master)
- Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A