Harvard Human Resources is committed to enabling Harvard’s world changing mission through inclusive excellence in Human Resources practices. We welcome applicants who bring varied experiences, backgrounds, and expertise to advance the work of the department in service to Harvard’s mission.
This position will be based in Cambridge, MA. All remote work must be performed in a state in which Harvard is registered to do business (CA, CT, MA, MD, ME, NH, NY, RI, and VT). OGC is currently developing hybrid workplace models which actively support some remote work (within a state in which Harvard is registered to do business) where business and team needs allow. Furthermore, individual flexible and remote work options for this role will be discussed during the interview process.
- Associate Attorney position primarily responsible for providing legal counsel directly to university clients on business and transactional matters, as well as transactional, research and other support to the office’s senior lawyers.
- JD; minimum three years’ experience in law practice and/or judicial clerkship.
- Admission to practice in Massachusetts, or willingness to obtain admission to practice within one year.
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills; good judgment and ability to work well with others; broad transactional experience; desire to devote substantial portion of working time to advising on transactions and programs, drafting and reviewing contracts and other documents, and researching and analyzing a broad range of legal problems.
- Ability to handle a variety of other legal matters that may arise at a large research university in addition to corporate and business matters.
- The successful candidate will join a 17-lawyer office handling a wide range of legal and policy matters for Harvard University.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Bedford, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A