Website Civil Service
All parts of the government security system are undergoing rapid and exciting change as part of the Transforming Government Security programme. Improved security standards and a new professional framework are at the heart of these changes that will ensure government is better able to protect citizens and provide vital public services by understanding and managing security risks.
- Physical security: Provision of a range of physical security measures across the Home Office estate, most notably through our guarding teams that operate across 20 Home Office sites.
- Policy: providing advice and designing policies and processes that meet the government’s minimum security standards while ensuring that security is a valued enabler that helps the Home Office to deliver its important mission.
- The successful candidate will play a significant and visible leadership role across three areas: across the Security, Estates & Information directorate, across the Home Office Corporate Enablers and across the Government Security function.
- Personnel security: Delivery of National Security Vetting decisions for the Home Office and other customer departments with up to 45,000 applications each year. Other shared services include STRAP and Vetting Appeals.
- Investigations: Delivery of two professional investigation teams – the Professional Standards Unit (PSU) and the Anti-Corruption and Criminal Investigations Unit (ACCIU). Together these teams lead investigations on difficult, complex and high-profile issues ranging from fraud and corruption through to serious and complex grievances and death and serious injury.
- A strong delivery focus that is able to inspire confidence amongst our customers, senior leaders and key stakeholders as well as delivering improved security outcomes and value for money.
- A collaborative and inclusive approach to leadership, able to harnesses the diverse talents of the team and its key stakeholders to create an environment of ambition, pride, customer-focus and professionalism.
- Experience of leading services across the department and/or across Whitehall; working effectively to hold third-party suppliers to account for their performance and improvement plans.
- A desire and ability to make a broader corporate contribution across the department and civil service.
- An ability to attract and develop talent for the future and ensure the highest standards of performance, delivery and customer focus.
- Experience of leading teams in a complex and fast-moving delivery or policy environment.
Company: Civil Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, GB
Application Deadline: N/A