Website BNSF Railway
This position is accountable for maintenance and repair of railroad track equipment assigned to the Engineering Department. Responsible for the disassembly, repair, modification, overhaul, remanufacture and troubleshooting of the railroad’s roadway maintenance equipment machinery and their various operating and control systems.
- Pneumatic air systems including compressors, control valves, air braking systems and dryers, etc.
- Driveline components, axles, bearings, ring and pinions, springs, roller chains and sprockets, etc.
- Occasionally operate backhoes, trenchers, and other heavy equipment
- Hydraulic systems and their associated components, pumps, valves, motors, filters and hoses, etc.
- Gasoline and diesel engines, fuel systems, diagnostics, etc.
- Final and planetary drive systems, gear reduction assemblies, and all other structural and working components
- Operate large manual hand tools and electric, pneumatic, or hydraulic hand tools such as drills and impact wrenches
- Four years minimum of verifiable mechanical work experience or training
- Possess a valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with HAZMAT and air brake endorsements or able to obtain one within first 60 days of employment
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to meet the above travel requirements
- One-year minimum of verifiable training and/or experience working with gasoline and diesel engines on large, industrial equipment
- Three months minimum of verifiable training and/or experience with electrical and/or gas welding
- Able to work the above shift/hours
- 21 years of age or older
- One-year minimum of verifiable training and/or experience with electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic diagrams and schematics
- Able to work safely in the above working conditions
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A