Website BNSF Railway
- Troubleshoot to component level; work with IT help desk to resolve trouble tickets and work orders for internal/external customers.
- Install, repair and maintain all Telecommunications equipment including but not limited to: End of Train Devices, Front of Train Devices, Radios, Digital Microwave (MW), and Radio Frequency (RF) Data Link Equipment.
- Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include: wear required safety equipment; respond to and act on safety concerns.
- Install, assemble, repair, adjust, test, and maintain telecommunications equipment, such as: wired and wireless telecommunications systems devices; microwave; Automatic Equipment
- Identification (AEI) systems; PBX’s; data/digital networks including Cisco/Nortel routers and switches; and soldering electrical components.
- Record repairs in Repair Tracking System via computer; provide log history of Train Control System, as needed.
- Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
- Able to work indoors primarily at a work bench, equipment bay, installation garage or Radio
- Frequency (RF) transmission facility and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Able to perform soldering work
- Willing to submit to a background review
- Available to work in geographic area indicated
- Able to visually distinguish colors – red, blue, green, yellow
- 18 years of age or older
- BNSF is a drug-free company; employees are subject to random drug tests
- HS diploma or GED
- Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rock Island, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A