Website BNSF Railway
This position will act as a key liaison have budgeting, forecasting and planning responsibility for various departments and budget areas across the BNSF network, with a strong focus on Business Partnering and creating value for each area served.
- Assist in the monthly Accounting close cycle
- Identifying expense control ideas and influence team, business partners and other leaders through building solid business cases for the concept
- Development of processes, models, and reports to accurately monitor and forecast expenses for assigned areas
- Performing analysis support, reporting, and other projects relative to informational needs of business partners utilizing various tools
- Assisting in the development of performance measures, strategic initiatives and annual plans
- Analyzing complex data to understand operational trends and the corresponding financial impact and make appropriate recommendations to team leaders and business partners to drive to the lowest cost possible
- Facilitating/participating in weekly and monthly budget reviews and forecasts
- Ability to coordinate tasks and make decisions independently
- Ability to adjust readily to multiple demands and shifting priorities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or Business related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in finance/ accounting or comparable industry experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to challenge/influence business partners with expense leverage concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Davenport, IA, US
Application Deadline: N/A