Website BNSF Railway
Do you want to be a part of something that really matters? Team BNSF includes professionals focused on safety, service, and who take pride in delivering the nation’s freight. Together, we help move goods and materials that sustain life and support local, national and global economies. The BNSF rail network is one of the largest freight railroads, spanning 28 western states and serving three Canadian provinces.
- Provide periodic updates to the General Foreman to ensure daily plan requirements are met.
- Directly supervise shop craft employees to safely execute terminal or shop operating plan.
- Prepare and conduct job safety briefings with employees.
- Provide technical support to apprentice employees.
- Ensure labor and equipment is positioned to inspect, test and repair equipment to meet the needs of the daily plan.
- Ensure compliance with BNSF’s employment policies, safety rules, scheduled agreements and Association of American Railroads (AAR)/Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) regulations.
- Ability to relocate within the BNSF Railway operating system to start and/or upon career progression and/or business need.
- Authorization to work in the US without Company sponsorship now AND in the future.
- Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week or more as business need requires.
- Able to travel approximately 10-20%.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Able to work in a shop or field environment, climbing ladders and walking on uneven surfaces safely.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Graduate degree from an accredited university to be completed prior to hire OR have obtained a degree within the past three (3) years.
- Less than three (3) years of work experience in a professional work environment. When calculating work experience, EXCLUDE internships or positions held while in high school or college.
Company: BNSF Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A