Website BMO Financial Group
Leads assigned projects from project initiation to implementation to achieve desired business results. Ensures that a successful business outcome is the prime measure of project success including delivering projects on time, within budget, within quality standards and to the satisfaction of the project sponsor. Drives to mitigate execution risk to achieve the desired business outcomes. Understands the business/group and facilitates communication with other program/project managers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively. Directs, manages, and coordinates team members including other project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Manages/validates financial forecasts and conducts ongoing reconciliation.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- May network with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Able to manage project and business risks, including project interdependencies.
- Project management experience – 6 to 8 years.
- Valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute (PMI) is an asset.
- Entrepreneurial skills – In-depth.
- Stakeholder management – Expert.
- Able to navigates challenging situations effectively.
- Able to apply project management methodologies or approaches.
- Judgement skills – In-depth.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and/or certification in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Learning agility – In-depth.
Company: BMO Financial Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A