We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated Director with analytical expertise to join the team, reporting into the Global Head of Climate and Sustainability Research. The role will collaborate with Aladdin Sustainability within BlackRock Solutions to assess and refine our energy and net zero transition scenarios and analytics. This person will lead and contribute to several workstreams related to energy systems, transition risk and opportunity, and broader climate and sustainability topics.
The objective of this role is to drive BlackRock thought leadership and research output, including emerging sustainability trends and their impact on investment portfolios. The person in this role will devise, plan, and implement a collaborative research program, coordinating input from across BlackRock’s investment and Aladdin teams, to deliver analytical tools and scenarios for use in the firm’s investment outlook, products, and software solutions.
- Build relationships with BlackRock investors to harvest insights on the energy transition and its implications for portfolio construction
- Publish white papers on broader sustainability issues, particularly those closely connected to climate and the energy transition—such as biodiversity, just transition, and the SDGs
- Build and manage scripts and databases related to climate scenarios
- Produce scientific and industry literature summaries which synthesize energy and climate forecasts
- Develop BlackRock’s views of climate scenarios and associated investment risks and opportunities
- Familiarity with Aladdin and equity or fixed income investing is preferred
- 8+ years of relevant climate research and/or investment industry experience, preferably with emphasis in climate change, energy systems, and ESG analytics
- Familiarity with climate scenarios, integrated assessment models, and energy systems models strongly preferred
- Outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written, including the ability to translate complex financial or technical requirements in a simple way
- Curiosity for a deepening understanding of investment portfolio analytical approaches
- Familiarity with investment research and/or portfolio construction, investment processes is preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A