Website Big Lots
Primarily responsible for leading the service team including cashiering, and recovery-related functions and is accountable for customer service and operational front-end standards. Provides leadership and clear direction to associates and actively participates in the customer-facing and service aspects of the store, including the support of front-end operations and programs and customer carry outs. Serves as the primary Manager on Duty (MOD) when present. When serving as MOD, leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery, and furniture-related activities on the sales floor. Works collaboratively with store leadership to accomplish customer service and front-end operational goals and tasks to help drive overall store performance.
- Leads, supervises, and provides work direction to the Service Team in the store related to all cashiering, front-end and recovery functions.
- Serves as the primary Manager on Duty when present including opening and closing the store when scheduled. When serving in this role, provides leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that store, merchandising, and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and ensures resolution of customer issues.
- Responsible for activities related to the achievement of customer service standards, front end operations and program compliance, training, and day-to-day operational tasks, including recovery.
- Provides feedback to store leadership regarding the team’s performance.
- Utilizes company tools, reports, and feedback to effectively analyze trends and collaborate with store leadership in refining plans to accomplish store initiatives and achieve goals.
- Responsible for the maintenance, supervision, and compliance of the Hazardous Waste program.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and interpersonal skills required.
- Minimum two years retail management experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
- Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
- Availability to work a variable schedule of up to 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
Company: Big Lots
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location:Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A