Website Best Buy
Best Buy is seeking two Senior Managers, Data Science to join the Data & Analytics Center of Excellence, supporting Labor Planning and the Physical Assets portfolio. The Senior Managers will design, develop, and deploy a wide variety of scientific solutions to improve Best Buy’s approach these two areas. The Senior Managers will own a direct relationship with business stakeholders as trusted consultants and advisors. The Senior Managers will engage in a diverse assortment of data-driven mathematics, including demand forecasting, ad hoc statistical analytics, predictive modeling, optimization, and other quantitative studies. As trusted business advisors, the Senior Managers will develop recommendations, visualizations, dashboards, and presentations. The Senior Managers will engage in data sourcing, data forensics, data transformations, and data pipelining. Additionally, these roles will engage in the technical development of the software, hardware, and processes needed to bring solutions to life in the corporate environment and for our stores.
- Select applicable data science techniques for each business inquiry and execute the techniques
- Evaluate, select, and deploy software and hardware as needed to bring solutions to life, with an emphasis on interdepartmental reusability
- Partner with external consulting firms in periodic engagements, assist in bidirectional data transfers and knowledge transfers
- Build slides to explain study findings to layperson and executive audiences. Develop training materials for business laypersons and practicing professionals.
- Develop mathematical approaches to show the impacts of investments made in labor pools or physical assets and the corresponding effects of marginal dollars that are added and/or removed, capped and/or floored.
- Collect and categorize a backlog of inquiries from business stakeholders. Lead efforts in value targeting, business case development, and backlog grooming
- Navigate organizational and technological complexity to discover, source, trace, cleanse, and link disparate datasets
- Create organizational memory/double loop learning for Best Buy’s labor models or physical assets.
- Strong understanding of at least one focus area of data science such as statistics, machine learning, design and analysis of experiments, operations research, and/or quantitative analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in a highly quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Operations Research
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to cross-functional team members
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop direct reports
- Experience using high performance machine learning and/or data mining frameworks
- Experience building distributed data processing pipelines
- 6-10 years hands-on data science experience (in addition to advanced degree)
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a highly quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Operations Research, and/or Physics
- 2 or more years’ experience working with big data such as enterprise data warehouses, cloud databases, distributed data processing and/or distributed analytics
- 1 or more years’ experience leading data scientists, including providing work direction, coaching, and mentoring
- 5 or more years’ experience in data science, data analysis, data mining or relevant similar business functions. Advanced degrees in relevant fields may be counted towards experience requirements.
- 2 or more years‘ experience with at least one data science/analytics programming language such as Python and/or R
Company: Best Buy
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: St. Paul, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A